Brooke Mueller to Leave Rehab and Reunite With Children — Should She Still Have Custody? (VIDEO)

How many trips to rehab is too many?

On Dec. 10, Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife, Brooke Mueller, reportedly entered a rehab facility for her 19th time. The latest trip to rehab follows a hospitalization last week for what her rep initially described as ”exhaustion and dehydration.”

Mueller’s attorney, Yale Galanter, has since acknowledged that the star is battling an addiction to Adderall, often used for the treatment of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and narcolepsy.

“Brooke was uncomfortable with the way Adderall was making her behave,” Galanter said in an interview on Dec. 11.

Mueller remains on probation in Utah for felony drug possession stemming from a cocaine bust in Dec. 2011.

So, what should happen next? Celebuzz turned to HLN Evening Express anchor, Ryan Smith, to weigh in.

“The key is to focus on rehab,” says Smith. “The most important aspect in her life should be her kids and she can’t be there for them unless she gets her life in order.”

Mueller will be leaving rehab to reunite with her 3-year-old twin boys — who have been under the care of Sheen’s other ex-wife Denise Richards — just in time for the holidays.

“She will be out of treatment on Sunday,” Mueller’s assistant, Mallory Knighton, told E! Online. “She is doing very well.”

Should Mueller lose custody of the kids?

The L.A. County Dept. of Children and Family Services reportedly searched Mueller’s house for six hours and talked to the twin boys, Bob and Max, but the search didn’t turn up anything of substance.


“I’m the last person that wants to take children away from their mother, but in this case, yes. She’s not protecting or advancing these children by continuing to use substances that can harm her,” says Smith. “It’s tough to say who the kids would be better off with. Whether it’s Brooke Mueller or Charlie Sheen, I know they both have their issues, I would like somebody to jump in to make sure that despite everything that’s going on with them that the kids are safe.”

“The kids come number one because that’s what really matters.”

 

HLN ‘Evening Express’ Anchor Ryan Smith Weighs In on Sexual Abuse Allegations Against Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash (VIDEO)

Do you blame Sesame Street for not taking quicker action against Elmo puppeteer, Kevin Clash?

“A little bit of yes and a little bit of no,” said HLN Evening Express anchor Ryan Smith.

In an exclusive report for Celebuzz, Smith says he thinks Sesame Street should have acted swiftly against the 52-year-old puppeteer who was recently hit with claims from three young men who allege they were sexually involved with Clash while they were underage.

Although Clash denied the accusations, he reached a settlement to pay the first accuser $125,000 if he would recant the story. Two other accusers have since come forward, each filing suit in court, with the second accuser seeking $5 million.

Amid these new allegations, Clash resigned on Nov. 20 as the voice of Elmo — a role he took on more than two decades ago — and has vowed to defend himself vigorously.

Sesame Street released a statement following Clash’s resignation saying, “Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.

 

Whether or not Sesame Street should have fired Clash before his resignation is really just a matter of debate, but Smith said he could have responded with a faster response.

“When the second accuser came forward and gave these kinds of allegations, Kevin Clash didn’t deny it immediately.

“You’ve got a man who’s working with children every single day influencing their lives and he apparently has people coming forward talking about this kind of underage abuse. At that point, as Sesame Street, you have to let him go.

“Maybe not after the first accuser came forward and that person recanted, but after others come forward you have to act swiftly, and they did not do that, he resigned,” Smith concluded.

Ryan Smith anchors Evening Express on HLN every week night between 5-7 PM EST. For more about Evening Express, check out http://www.hlntv.com/shows/evening-express.

Halle Berry Custody Battle: ‘Stop Being Narcissists and Start Thinking About the Child First,’ Says Jane Velez-Mitchell (VIDEO)

Do you think it’s right for Gabriel Aubry to not be allowed to see his daughter following the Thanksgiving day fight? Should Halle Berry be able to move to France with her and Aubry’s daughter, Nahla?

Following the brutal brawl on Nov. 22 between Berry’s ex, Aubry, and fiancee Olivier Martinez, a judge has issued a permanent restraining order for Aubry against Martinez. A temporary restraining order, set to expire on Nov. 29, is currently in place also keeping Aubry at least 100 yards from Berry, Martinez, and 4-year-old Nahla, which Aubry fought on Nov. 27 to have lifted, but the judge denied his request.

For more insight into the custody battle brewing between Berry and Aubry, Celebuzz turned to HLN host, Jane Velez-Mitchell, who digs into the legal aspects of the case and whether Berry should be allowed to move to France with Nahla.

“No, she should not be allowed to just move to France and a judge reportedly agreed with my position. You can’t just pick up and take off with your child and expect the other person, the ex, to follow you wherever you’re going. That’s not fair,” said Velez-Mitchell.

“Gabriel has reportedly said he’s always wanted 50/50 custody and Halle Berry wanted primary custody. You have to ask yourself, is that fair to a child to say ‘honey, you should not have access a good percentage of time to your own dad?’”

Both Aubry and Martinez suffered injuries as a result of the violent fight and were taken to the ER after the brawl. Aubry’s attorney has since released photos of the 36-year-old model with black-and-blue bruises and swelling to both eyes, while Martinez was seen exiting Cedars Sinai Medical Center in L.A. on Nov. 27 with a brace on his right hand.

“This is an abomination for three adults to be behaving this way over a four-year-old child. She seems like the adult in this situation. This has got to leave her very traumatized,” Velez-Mitchell said, adding they need to start acting like adults for the sake of their young daughter.

“The only way these three adults can clean up this mess is stop being narcissists and start thinking about the child first, not where you want to live, but what is best for this child. What is best for this child is to have peace between her mommy and daddy.”

Catch Velez-Mitchell on her hit show Jane Velez-Mitchell airing at 7 PM EST on HLN. Check out HLNtv.com for more details.

Celebuzz Single Player No Autoplay (CORE)
No changes are to be made to this player

Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Accused of Sex With Underage Boys; Get in on the Conversation With HLN’s Ryan Smith

Kevin Clash, the former voice of Elmo on Sesame Street, recently resigned from his role on the show amid allegations that he engaged in sexual activity with multiple underage boys.

The first accuser, Sheldon Stephens, 23, alleges that he had a relationship with Clash, 52, when he was just 16 years old. Stephens and Clash have since reached a settlement in which the accuser would receive $125,000, as well as recant his story. He was reportedly reluctant to sign and has expressed regret in settling the case.

Since news of that first suit, Clash has been hit with two more suits. The second accuser, Cecil Singleton, says that he met Clash on a gay telephone chat line in 2003 when he was 15 and Clash was 32. He is demanding more than $5 million in his suit.

A third accuser, who wishes to go by “John Doe,” is also claiming to have had a sexual relationship with Clash when he was 16 years old and Clash was 40.

Clash became a puppeteer with “Sesame Street” in 1984 and for more than two decades was famous for his role as the voice behind the beloved Elmo character. He resigned on Nov. 20 with a “very heavy heart,” saying in a statement, “Personal matters have diverted attention away from the important work Sesame Street is doing and I cannot allow it to go on any longer. I am deeply sorry to be leaving and am looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately.”


Sesame Workshop released their own statement following Clash’s resignation, “Unfortunately, the controversy surrounding Kevin’s personal life has become a distraction that none of us want, and he has concluded that he can no longer be effective in his job and has resigned from Sesame Street. This is a sad day for Sesame Street.”

Do you blame Sesame Street for not taking action against Kevin Clash sooner?

Get in on the conversation below.

HLN’s Evening Express anchor, Ryan Smith, is taking your questions and comments now, and will be sharing his thoughts on the allegations against Clash later this week.

Ryan Smith anchors Evening Express on HLN every week night between 5-7 PM ET. For more about Evening Express, check out http://www.hlntv.com/shows/evening-express.

Celebuzz Single Player No Autoplay (CORE)
No changes are to be made to this player

‘Showbiz Tonight’ Counts Down Top 5 Buzzmakers of the Week: Lohan, Hilton, Klum, Minaj… But Who Was Number One? (VIDEO)

Who had everyone talking this week? Showbiz Tonight anchor AJ Hammer counts down the top 5 buzzmakers of the week, exclusively for Celebuzz.

Let’s start at #5.

#5 – Critics Rip Lindsay Lohan for Elizabeth Taylor PortrayalLindsay’s Lohan‘s performance as Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime’s Liz & Dick is getting buzz for all the wrong reasons. Reviews for the biopic range from mixed to brutal. The Hollywood Reporter said, “Lohan is woeful as Taylor from start to finish.” Liz & Dick airs Nov. 25 on Lifetime.

#4 – Paris Hilton Receives Backlash in the Middle EastParis Hilton is catching backlash in Saudia Arabia for opening a new store there for her handbags and accessories line. Some Muslims say they are insulted that Paris would open the store in, Mecca, the holiest city in Islam.

Who else made the list?

#3 – Wendy Williams To Seal: ‘You Need Half!’ – Heidi Klum continues to be under fire following her admission that she’s in love with her family’s bodyguard, whom she began dating shortly after splitting with husband Seal. Talk show host, Wendy Williams, had some advice for Seal, “This is how you get back at her, Seal. You don’t let the finances go with this divorce. I don’t know how much you’re worth, but she’s worth more. You need half!”

#2 – Nicki Minaj Strikes Back at Mariah Carey Nicki Minaj is going after her nemesis and fellow American Idol judge, Mariah Carey, the best way she knows how… in a song. In her new song, “Hell Yeah,” Minaj not so subtly addresses her new job on Idol and alleged feud with Mariah singing, “okay, I’ll take it / sign on the dotted line / but I’m quick to check a bitch if she outta line.” Burn.

#1 – Kristen Stewart Back on TopKristen Stewart’s career looked to be in jeopardy just this summer, but the actress seems to be back on top with Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 ruling the box office. Now, reports are saying that Stewart may return for a Snow White sequel, which is a complete turnaround from a few months ago when the actress was allegedly dropped from the franchise amidst the cheating scandal with married director, Rupert Sanders. It looks like it will be Rupert who is left out of the series moving forward.

Tune in to Showbiz Tonight Mon. – Thurs. at 11pm ET/PT on HLN. And, be sure to check back every week for AJ Hammer’s countdown of the top 5 buzzmakers right here on Celebuzz.