While CBS hasn’t officially announced a renewal for Two and a Half Men, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said they definitely want a Season 11.
She also said none of the castmembers have signed on for another season, including Sheen’s replacement, Ashton Kutcher.
And what about Angus T. Jones? He didn’t do himself any favors by saying on a video-gone-viral that he thought the hit series is “filth” and urged viewers not to watch it.
Well, CBS seems to feel that’s all water under the bridge. “We’d like him to be part of it next year,” Tassler told reporters at Saturday’s Television Critics Association Press Tour in Pasadena.
“I think he would like to come back too, we would like him to… He made his public apology, and we’ve moved on,” she continued. “And we’d like the show back, and we’d like him to come back too.”
Jones, 19, who has been on the show for 10 seasons, issued the apology to Two and a Half Men creator Chuck Lorre, CBS, Warner Bros. Television and the show’s stars shortly after the video leaked in November.
Earlier this week, Sheen, who was fired from the show last year after a public meltdown and feud with Lorre, said that he understands Jones.
“I get it, it’s a weird place and people tend to have a different perspective on life working over there,” Sheen, who has moved on to star on FX’s Anger Management, said at TCA.
“[Jones] is a good kid and maybe he’s just going through a phase, but it’s hard to comment on something if I’m not there . . . I don’t think he’s crazy, I just think he’s a little maybe over-influenced in some other beliefs.”
Since his character joined the military, Jones’ shooting schedule has been reduced. His girlfriend, Stalker Sarah, told Celebuzz that he’d like to free up his schedule to attend college.
No changes are to be made to this player